July 11, 2017

Post #25 - Searching for people who are accountable

Post #25 - July 11,  2017

Yesterday, I consulted with a lawyer for an opinion regarding a consulting agreement I have with a client.  I had left him a message earlier in the day.  He called back and after I gave him more details, he started talking and the more he talked the angrier he got.  At one point, he swore - not at me in particular, but in regards to what I might say to the client.  I was confused by his anger and not sure where it was coming from.  I decided to ask him about his anger, so I said "I find it interesting that you're getting angry about this."   This riled him up even more, it seemed.  He went off on how he was doing me a favor by returning my phone call and giving me free advice.  He then said I could pay him a retainer and told me his hourly rate.   I never cease to be amazed that people do things and then don't take responsibility for what they do?  It's not like someone had a gun pointed to his head and forced him to call and talk to me.

I  wonder what the world would be like if people took responsibility for their choices, words and actions?  Hmmmm......


1 comment: