September 28, 2018

Post #35 - Dream

Post #35 - September 28, 2018


I listened to this podcast a few times recently - so very good.  Tami Simon with  Sounds True interviewed Mario Martinez (this is from 2014) about his book the Mind Body Code.  He talks about 3 archetypal wounds: abandonment, shame and betrayal and their corresponding healing fields; commitment, loyalty and honor.  He talks about not only how the mind and body affect each other, but how our culture affects our mind and body.  He refers to the mind, body culture paradigm.  Different cultures and their cultural  norms affect people in various ways.  Perception is cultural.

Mario talks about 'moving beyond the pale' which is an old  English phrase, which means going outside cultural and/or family accepted norms.  He talks about when people become more successful than those within their  family or community, they are first seen as a success, but when they go back to the family/community they are disparaged.  Same with ideas, etc that aren't in alignment with the acceptable family/community.  I resonated with this because I spoke out about incest and my whole family knows, at first they supported me, but then they threw me under the bus.

The night after I heard this podcast I had a dream.  In the dream, I was at Eleanor's (mom) memorial/funeral.  My dad was there.  So that was reversed.  In real life, my dad has passed and my mom is alive.  In the dream, my relatives are there and it's in a building where one of my client's has his business (downtown Denver).  I'm not all that upset about my mother being dead or that it's her funeral.  There's a side story in my dream and someone I know is being tortured or about to be tortured and I'm more concerned about him than the funeral.  Earlier in the day after I listened to the podcast, I had contemplated about the many ways my mom had/has abandoned me.  Mario talks about how commitment is the healing field for abandonment.  And that the commitment is to ourselves.  Because I have made this commitment to talk about incest and hold true to my values regarding this, in effect I have gone outside the pale of my family / community.  Because these things aren't talked about and if they are talked about, they are talked about once and then forgive and forget.   I realized after listening to this podcast that I had made a commitment to myself to stand true  to my values and my truth, thus I abandoned my mother.  I think my dream solidified that, since my mom was dead.  Metaphorically,  she is dead to me.

https://www.soundstrue.com/store/weeklywisdom/?page=single&category=IATE&episode=10111


No comments:

Post a Comment