Hi Mom,
I received an e-mail from
Aunt later in the day after I received your e-mail re: Thanksgiving. I
don't plan to go. As you know, the
holidays are not my favorite time of the year. All kinds of 'stuff' resurfaces
and it is stressful for me. Every year I think it will be different and I won't
have such strong reactions. So far that year hasn't arrived.
I'm re-reading Marilyn Van
Derbur's book, 'Miss America by Day'. I've had it for a number of years and
it's good to get it out and read it again. It's empowering to be reminded
that I'm not alone and that my
thoughts, feelings and experiences are valid, true and to be respected. Marilyn
Van Derbur found her voice and empowers
so many others to do the same. It's a
very powerful book. It might be one you would want to read.
Carol
No comments:
Post a Comment