September 11, 2018

Post #33 - Minimalism

Post #33 - September 11, 2018

Every now and then I get on a kick to get rid of stuff.  I call it purging.  I go through my house and put piles of stuff that I don't use, clothes I don't wear, whatever, into my car and to Goodwill I go.  Now is another one of those times.  This time, I'm getting rid of things that I not only don't use, but that don't have value to me or remind me of something negative when I think about it or look at it.  So, things from ex-boyfriends, wedding gifts, etc are on their way to the closest Arc Thrift Store (my close by Goodwill store is being renovated).  I've already taken one load - some of this stuff I've had since I moved to Denver over 30 years ago and probably never used!  Seriously?  A lot of stuff from family is going...no need to keep stuff I don't value from people who don't value me.  I think I could and would be very happy with hardly any possessions.  The things I do value are my running shoes, bikes, athletic gear, hiking poles, packs, etc.  I also have quite a few books and journals that I wouldn't part with and my pillow!  I am also considering selling my house and renting a room somewhere.  I feel tied down - I'm not sure home ownership is all it's cracked up to be.

I've listened to a few podcasts from these two guys:

https://www.theminimalists.com/


P.S.  What a shit ass day 9/11 is.

No comments:

Post a Comment