February 28, 2019

Post #39 - I held on so dearly....

Post #39 - February 28, 2019

So, about a year ago I decided I wanted to sell  my house and get the hell outta Dodge.  Over the past few months, I have slowly gotten rid of stuff.  Furniture, clothes, you name it.  Anything that had to do with negative people in my life (ex husband, boyfriends, parents, siblings, etc) went out the door.  Also, anything I hadn't used in at least a year.  It's amazing how much crap I had!  Arc Thrift store has received a lot of it.  So has the trash bin.  I also listed some things on Craigslist and that was beneficial and easy.

On Feb. 4th (Tuesday), I listed my house for sale and got a full price offer 4 days later (Friday)!  FOUR f'n Days!  Holy crap.  Since then, it's been a whirlwind.  The inspection was on the following Monday and then the appraisal a week after that.  I close on March 12th.  13 days from now.  I haven't told too many people.  I plan to get in my car and travel for awhile.  Yosemite, Yellowstone NP, Glacier NP, Idaho, Montana, maybe start in Arizona tho.

I love Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and she wrote a song called 'Low Road.'  This line strikes me every time I hear it:

"I held on so dearly.  To the wrong things in my life.  Now I see so clearly.  I was walking into my own knife.'

I've held on to people and things far too long.  Letting go and moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment